By: Leandra Lederman
This summer, the Indiana University Maurer School of Law and the University of Leeds School of Law will run a new Summer Tax Workshop Series. Dr. Leopoldo Parada from U. Leeds and I will host it. It will meet online via Zoom on Thursdays from 10:30am-noon Eastern time (3:30-5pm British Summer Time), starting May 21, 2020.
The Call for Papers opens today and will close on May 10, 2020 at midnight British Summer Time (7pm Eastern Daylight Time). If you are interested in presenting in the Workshop, please send the following before then to firstname.lastname@example.org and L.Parada@leeds.ac.uk:
- Your name, title, and affiliation.
- The paper title and an Abstract of no more than 1,000 words.
- Whether or not you already have a draft of the paper. (We expect to circulate a draft of each paper—at least 10 pages—a week in advance of each talk.)
- Whether or not the paper has been accepted for publication.
- A list of any Thursdays between May 28 and August 6 that you would not be available to present, or a statement that any Thursday in that date range would work for you.
In selecting papers, preference will be given to tax topics of general interest. These can involve domestic or international tax issues, but a preference will be given to topics that would be of interest to scholars in more than one country, as we expect an international group of attendees. Note also that speakers will be strongly encouraged to limit their scripted remarks to 20 minutes, to allow ample time for questions and discussion.